Mold is a common issue that occurs in many homes, but it can lead to severe health complications if not taken care of. You could be affected negatively by mold and not realize. It is crucial to recognize the signs and symptoms of exposure to toxic mold. 

There are many different types of mold. For example, allergenic molds are the least dangerous to your health, and will frequently cause minor allergies in children and those with asthma. Pathogenic molds are especially dangerous to those who suffer with a weak immune system, and toxigenic molds can lead to extremely detrimental health effects, such as cancer. The toxic chemicals in toxigenic mold types are absorbed as soon as they are inhaled, touched, or ingested.

To learn more about the different types of mold, view this blog.

Some of the most recurrent symptoms of toxic mold exposure are:

  • Headaches 
  • Memory problems/ trouble focusing
  • Fatigue & weakness
  • Eye problems (such as sensitivity to light)
  • Low energy levels
  • Hives
  • Vertigo and tremors
  • Night sweats/sleep problems
  • Tingling sensation and numbness
  • Muscle cramps 
  • Shortness of breath/coughing 
  • Digestive issues

If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms, it is very important to visit a doctor. 

If you’re struggling with mold and need cleaning and restoration services, call us 24/7 at (401) 849-6644 or request an estimate. We have a certified mold removal team and have done this work for decades. Don’t wait! The longer mold sits, the more it will spread, and it can spread rather quickly.

Write a comment:


Your email address will not be published.