When you come across some mold in your house, it can be discouraging, especially if it’s a lot of damage. If the mold damage is major, your first instinct may be to call a professional for removal. For smaller mold issues, on the other hand, it can be tempting to remove the mold yourself. 

There’s no harm in trying, right? Wrong. 

Small amounts of mold may seem simple and safe to remove yourself, but there’s a lot that can go wrong, and mold isn’t something to take lightly. We’ve compiled a few reasons why you should leave mold removal to the pros.

  1. You may not have the proper equipment…or protection
    While it may seem like you can just pour some bleach on mold and it will disappear, that’s unfortunately not the case. In most cases, households do not have the proper equipment or protection for mold removal like air filters and protective gear. If you’re not using the proper equipment and or not using them with the proper techniques, you could be putting yourself and your family at greater risk.
  2. You can make it a lot worse
    If mold is cleaned improperly, it can spread—leaving you with a much bigger problem than when you started. If the mold isn’t contained correctly, the spores can become airborne and expand to other parts of your home. Don’t unintentionally turn a small headache into a major disaster!

  3. There could be more that you don’t see
    Mold can sometimes be invisible, making it impossible for you to even know it’s in your home. Even if you successfully clean up the mold you found, you could be missing a lot more that will go unnoticed and potentially harm you and your family. A professional can thoroughly search your home for more mold and perform proper remediation.

    So, even if it seems like a small clean-up, mold is tricky to deal with, and not so straightforward to clean up. When in doubt, always call a professional. We’re here for you 24/7. Contact us any time to ask us questions, seek advice, and set up an appointment. Let’s get your house back to feeling like paradise!