Mold isn’t always visible—just because you can’t see mold, doesn’t mean it’s not there. However, mold in your home, visible or not, can cause major structural damage and also cause damage to your health. While it can be unnerving not knowing whether or not there is mold in your home, there are a few warning signs you can look for. In today’s blog, we’ll discuss a few ways to identify if mold is present in your home.
Bad odors in your home can come from a number of sources, and it can be difficult to pinpoint where and what it’s coming from. If you notice a musty or damp smell that you haven’t smelled before and it’s lingering for an unusual period of time, you may want to have your home inspected for mold.
You have a cold that you just can’t get rid of
Mold not only has a negative effect on your home but on your health, too. Between allergies, the flu, and unfortunately now COVID-19, it can be difficult to tell where your cold-like symptoms are coming from. Mold symptoms can mimic cold symptoms and range in severity from a runny nose and sore throat to nose bleeds and respiratory issues. If you’ve ruled out all other illnesses, your symptoms may be coming from an underlying mold problem.
You’ve recently had a flood or leak
Mold grows in places of dampness or moisture. If you recently had a leaking pipe or some water flooding your home, there’s a very good chance that mold could be present. Even if you quickly and properly removed the water and water damage doesn’t seem to be present, it’s always best to be safe and investigate for mold.
You can see visible mold spores
Sometimes mold is visible and can come in different shapes and sizes. If you notice mold spores, it’s best to contact a professional right away so it can be properly removed.
Our technicians are certified by the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification and are trained to properly and safely identify and remove mold from your home. Give us a call today and we’ll get your home back to feeling like paradise.